Daniel Johnston Skate Slip-On Shoes
Vans Daniel Johnston Skate Slip-On Shoes
This season we have teamed up with Daniel Johnston’s friends, family, and the “Hi, How Are You Project” to inspire new conversations around mental health issues by funding and creating thoughtful media content, projects, and events. We stand in support of their mission to remove the stigma and shame around mental health, so people will feel open to communicate, one conversation at a time. To raise awareness, we are proud to deliver the Vans x Daniel Johnston Skate Slip-On, featuring Daniel’s iconic cassette tape artwork on elevated suede and 6 oz canvas uppers. In his early songwriting years, Daniel would hand-draw on individual cassettes and give them to friends and strangers. The artwork on this shoe features a checkerboard created from these cassettes, as well as the same lo-fi, gritty execution from Johnston’s unique art.
- VANS SKATEBOARDING X DANIEL JOHNSTON COLLECTION: Custom artwork in this collection was inspired by Daniel’s iconic homemade cassette tapes and lo-fi art.
- INCREASED DURABILITY - DURACAP™ reinforced materials, deeper knurl texture on the toe bumpers, and higher sidewall heights provide a more heritage look with increased durability and protection.
- FULLY REDESIGNED UPPERS - Reconstructed with a molded heel counter and internal tongue straps for a locked-in fit and more board control.
- LEGENDARY GRIP - Our new, proprietary SickStickTM gum rubber compound is our stickiest rubber yet.
- POPCUSH CUSHIONING - Our best cushioning and impact protection. POPCUSH™ energy return footbeds protect your feet while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions.